To perform this procedure you need all of the following roles:
Matter Manager + Contract Administrator + Job Originator + Scheduler
Using the Matter Creation Wizard guides the user in the creation of the Matter, Engagement and Deliverables. Templates will streamline this creation process.
Before you begin
- If you intend to associate Engagement and Deliverable Orders to the Matter Template, respective Work Type Templates must already be set up.
- On the LPG menu, select Matter > Create Matter.
The Create New Matter Wizard screen appears.
- Under the Normal Workflow heading, select Create a Matter Template Only.
- Click the Submit
The Create New Matter Template Wizard screen appears.
- N1 - Complete the information in each tab (starting from the Matter Details tab).
N2 – As each tab is completed, more information about the Matter Template is displayed in the banner section.
- N3 - Click the Continue button to progress to the next tab to the right. As each tab is completed, a green tick appears on the tab (in the example shown below the Matter Details tab has been “ticked”).
- N4 – Click the Back button to move back to edit the information in the previous tab (to the left).
Do not use your Web browser Back button to return to the previous tab.
The Matter Template is not created until you get past the Preview Matter tab. If you navigate away from the Create New Matter Template Wizard before you get to this stage (or you leave the computer idle and you are automatically logged out of LPG), the Matter Template will NOT be created. You will have to start this procedure again.
Some fields that have a red asterisk * next to them are not mandatory on the Template and can be left blank.
An Advanced section is available on the first two tabs where additional information can be recorded against the Matter.
Step 1 – Fill in Matter Details
- Enter the Template Name and Template Description. The Template Name is mandatory and should describe the reason for using the Template. The Template Description can contain additional information to describe how and when the Template should be used.
- Select the Matter Work Type from the drop down list. This is mandatory information.
- The Work Required for field identifies the Workgroup that will be responsible for managing Matters created using the template. Select the appropriate Workgroup from the drop down list. Only Workgroups that you are a member of will be listed. This is mandatory information.
- There may be additional attribute fields on the Matter details If relevant, fill the additional fields in. Those with a red asterisk * next to them are mandatory and you will not be able to continue unless you provide a value.
NOTE: All fields marked with a red asterisk * on the Matter Details tab are mandatory.
In this example, Claim Number is a mandatory attribute field for the customer. Enter the Claim Number for this Matter.
- If more detail needs to be recorded about the Matter do the following:
a) Click the icon next to the Advanced
Additional fields are displayed.
b) Fill in the required fields. Any information recorded in these fields will be set as default values in the Matters created from this template.Note: This information can be added or changed after the Matter has been created.
9. To finish the Matter Details step, click the Continue
Step 2 – Fill in Order Template
The Order Template provides you with the ability to specify default values for all orders created within this Matter.
- If the same address is to be used on all Matters created from the Template, select the Client’s State from the drop down list.
- To find your suburb and postcode do the following:
a) Click the Find icon next to the Town / Postcode.
The Location Assistant window opens.
- N1 – Use the page controls to jump to different pages within the list.
- N2 – Type in any of the filters to limit the contents of the list. In the example shown below, typing “P” in the Suburb filter (then press ENTER on the keyboard) causes the list to display Suburbs starting with “P”.
b) Click Select next to the required Suburb.
The Location Assistant window closes.
- N1 - The selected Suburb and Postcode are inserted into the Order Template.
- Type the Client’s street Address.
- To add additional information/directions that can be included to all Providers on Matters created from this template, do the following:
a) Tick the box to activate the text input field.
b) Enter the details into the text field (maximum of 500 characters).
NOTE: This text will be displayed on every Matters created from the template.
5. The Advanced Order information is typically automatically filled in and doesn’t need to be edited. If editing is required, click the icon next to the Advanced heading to display the Advanced fields and edit as required.
6. Click the Continue
Step 3 – Create Engagement
N1 - Focus moves to the Create Engagement tab. A green tick appears on the Order Template tab to indicate this step has been completed.
By default the Matter Template Wizard is set to bypass the Create Engagement step (option “No” selected). If you do not create an Engagement, you will not be able to create a Deliverable and clicking the Continue button will progress you to the Preview Matter tab. Engagements and Deliverables can be created when you creating the actual Matters.
To define how Engagements should be created, do the following:
- Click the Yes
Select a Work Type Template to define your Engagement Order is displayed.
- Click the Find icon .
The Select Work Type Template window opens with a list of relevant Engagement templates. These have been setup for you company during the initial LPG configuration but additional templates can be created by your System Administrator, if required.
- Click Select next to the required Work Type.
The Select Work Type Template window closes. The Engagement details for the selected Work Type are displayed.
- If required, enter an Engagement Budget that can applied as a default for all Matters created using this template. (This will be initial budget for the Engagement which can be updated once it has been reviewed by the Legal Firm. The Legal Firm will submit a variation request if the budget needs to be changed).
- Select the Panel Type and Area of Law from the drop down lists.
- To finish the Create Engagement step, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue
Step 4 – Create Deliverable
N1 - Focus moves to the Create Deliverable tab. A green tick appears on the Create Engagement tab to indicate this step has been completed
By default the Matter Template Wizard is set to bypass the Create Deliverable step (No option selected). To skip to the Preview Matter step, click the Continue button.
On the Create Deliverable tab, you can specify the types of Deliverables that Providers must submit for Matters created using this template. These Matters might require, for example, the following two documents: Program and Initial Advice.
- To add Deliverables to the Matter Template, click the Yes option.
Deliverable Order 1 is added to the screen.
For each Deliverable that needs to added do the following:
- Click the Find icon .
The Select Work Type Template window opens with a list of Deliverables displayed.
- Click Select next to the required Deliverable.
The Select Work Type Template window closes and the display returns to the Create Matter Template Wizard screen.
- To add another Deliverable to the Matter Template, click the Add Another Deliverable
Deliverable Order 2 is added to the screen.
- For each additional Deliverable that needs to be added to the Matter repeat steps 2 to 3.
- N1 – To remove a Deliverable Order from the Matter, click the Remove icon in the header of the Deliverable Order.
- Once the necessary Deliverable Orders have been added to the Matter, click the Continue
Step 4 – Preview Matter
- N1 - Focus moves to the Preview Matter tab. A green tick appears on the Create Deliverable tab to indicate this step has been completed
- Check that all the details on the Preview Matter screen are correct.
- If anything needs editing, use the Back button to move back through the tabs.
- To create the Matter Template, click the Create Matter Template
A confirmation window opens.
- Click the OK button
5. A message will be displayed on the Results tab indicating that the Template has been created successfully.
Tips & Troubleshooting
IMPORTANT: Creating and using Matter Templates will streamline the Matter creation process by pre-populating information that does not change, such as your address details.