It is quicker to click a View and run it than recreating the search criteria and Table customisations. If it is a View that several Users can use, the View can be shared so each User doesn’t have to recreate the search criteria and Table customisations.
When search criteria and/or Table customisations are complex or need to be viewed frequently or by several LPG users.
Before you begin
- Use My Work to set search criteria and thus filter the results table. See topic My Work – Overview and Search for details.
- Customise the results table columns as required (rearrange/hide columns). See topic My Work - Customise Result Table for details.
The following procedure explains how to save a View in My Work and run it again. See topic My Work - Overview and Search for details on how to setup the desired View. See topic My Work - Manage Views for details on managing existing Views (editing, deleting etc.)
LPG keeps the My Work search criteria and column customisations during the current session so you can return to the My Work screen and view the same information again. Once you log out, My Work is reset and any search criteria and customisations will be lost. Saved Views will be available in future login sessions.
1. Open My Work, fill in the search criteria then click the Submit
The Table displays items matching the search criteria. (See topic My Work Overview & Search.)
2. Customise the Table columns as required (rearrange, hide columns).
(See topic My Work - Overview and Search)
3. If necessary, further refine the search criteria and further customise the Table columns until the desired view is achieved. (See topic My Work - Customise Result Table)
4. If the Search Fields are hidden, click the arrow next to the Search Fields
The Search fields are displayed.
5. Click the Save View button (at the bottom of the Search Fields section).
The Save View window opens.
6. Give the view a Name and Description.
NOTE: Giving a meaningful Name/Description is helpful to other users who can see the View. If you use naming conventions, the alphabetical ordering of Views will cause them to be logically grouped together. For example, prefix the View name with “O” (for Order views) and “M” (for Matters) so the views are logically grouped.
7. Choose the scope of the View.
Individual – only you will be able to use the saved View.
Workgroup – created by Workgroup supervisors and accessible by members of the Workgroup. (NOTE: As the Workgroup must be specified when saving the View – it is recommended that you include the Workgroup in the View Name.)
Global – created by Sys Admin and accessible by all LPG users within your organisation (NOTE: Views created on the Customer side cannot be seen on the Supplier side and vice versa.)
8. Click the Create
The Save View window closes.
N1 - The view is added to the Views section of the Navigation Panel on the My Work screen. It is added at the level you specified (e.g. in this example “Global” was selected as the scope of the View so it appears in the Global folder.