If LPG has been configured to allow personal setting of messaging preferences by users, you can specify which events trigger an LPG Inbox message and/or email notification.
Before you begin
A person in your company with the LPG Sys Admin role must enable User Messaging Preferences in the general LPG configuration before you can set your Messaging Preferences
- On the LPG menu select Users > My Contact Details.
The My Contract Details screen appears with the Details tab selected.
- Click the Messaging Preference
The message options are displayed.
- N1 - The Company Default section shows the messaging and email notifications settings that are configured for all users in your company.
- N2 - The User Preference(s) section is the area where you set your personal preferences for messaging and email notifications.
- N3 - There is a radio button next to each section. Clicking the radio button in the User Preference(s) section turns on your personal preferences and allows you to set your preferences. Clicking the radio button in the Company Default section turns off your personal preferences so the Company Default settings will apply.
NOTE: The image below only shows part of the list. The actual list is much longer than shown here.
You need to scroll the Messaging Preferences screen to find the radio buttons.
To switch on and set your messaging and email preferences, do the following:
- Scroll down to find the radio button in the User Preference(s) section of the Messaging Preferences screen and click the radio button.
- N4 - The items in the User Preference(s) section are now editable.
- N5 - Ticking a checkbox in the Messages column means a notification will appear in your LPG Inbox. See topic Manage Message Inbox and Archive for more information.
- N6 - Ticking a checkbox in the Email column means a notification email will be sent to the email address specified in the Contact Details tab on the My Contact Details screen.
- Tick or untick the checkboxes to set your messaging and email notification preferences.
- N7 - In most cases the Email checkbox is not enabled until the Messages checkbox is ticked.
- N8 – In the example shown above, the Email checkbox is not enabled because the Messages checkbox has not yet been ticked. This dependency effectively means you cannot receive an email notification unless you have opted to also receive an LPG Inbox notification.
- When you have set your preferences, click the Save
- N9 - A message is displayed above the User Preferences heading indicating that the User preferences have been saved. Your Messaging preferences will now be applied.
To switch back to the Company Default settings, do the following:
- Go to the Messaging Preferences tab on the My Contact Details
- Scroll down to find the radio button next to the Company Default section and click the radio button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Messaging Preferences and click the Save
The User Preferences are now disabled and the default company messaging settings are applied.
NOTE: Your messaging preferences as set on the User Preference(s) section are not lost if you switch to Company Default. You can activate your preferences by clicking the radio button next to the User Preference(s) section and clicking the Save button.
NOTE: Even if you switch off Email for all the “trigger” events listed in the User Preference(s) section, emails automatically generated by the LPG system, such as SLA breach warnings, will still be received.