|Why:||You can change your password at any time while you are logged into Legal Panel Gateway. If you have forgotten your password and can’t log in see topic.|
Before you begin
- Your Legal Panel Gateway System Administrator will create a User account for you and set up specific roles for you within Legal Panel Gateway before you can log in.
- On the Legal Panel Gateway menu select Users > Change Password.
The Change Password screen appears.
- Enter your Current Password.
- Enter a New Password.
- Enter the new password exactly the same again in Confirm Password.
- NOTE: The password must be between 6 and 16 characters and it must include numbers and alphabetical characters. Remember that the Username and Password are case-sensitive. (E.g. “JSmith” is not the same as “jsmith”)
- Click the Change Password button.
The Confirm Password Change window may appear. This happens if more than one person has logged into Legal Panel Gateway on the computer you are using and Legal Panel Gateway has stored their usernames and passwords in its “memory”.
- IMPORTANT: Do not click OK with a different username selected. If you do, you will change the remembered password for that person. It doesn’t change their Legal Panel Gateway password but it will automatically fill in your password when they try to log in on this computer.
- Select your username from the list.
- Click the OK button.
The display returns to the Legal Panel Gateway screen. The next time you log in to Legal Panel Gateway you must use the new password.
Tips & Troubleshooting
If you have trouble changing your password, contact your company System Administrator who will be able to reset your password for you.