|Why:||When the Report portal has been used to run a report in the background or schedule it for a specific date/time, the report can be accessed from the report output area when it is ready for viewing.|
Before you begin
- NOTE: What you can see and do within the Report portal is dependent on your role, permissions and which Invoiced Entities and Workgroups you belong to.
- Open the Reports Portal.
N1 - The reports are stored in the folder you specified when defining the Parameters for the Scheduled or Background report.
Note: This will generally be your user folder within the reporting repository for your organisation
- Navigate to the folder where the exported report is stored.
- Select “Report outputs” from the Report type drop down list.
The Report Output section opens with the list of available export reports displayed.
- Click the report that you wish to open.
The File Open window appears.
- Select whether to Open with or Save File, then click the OK button.
The report will open or be saved depending on the option you selected. In the example above the output format was specified as CSV. So this file would open in your default spreadsheet program (typically Microsoft Excel).
If you specified Email Notification when defining the parameters for the Scheduled or Background report, an email will be sent to the address you specified (N2) with the Subject header that you specified (N3).
- IMPORTANT: If your CSV format report has data with leading zeros (e.g. Account numbers) it is important to read the topic . Do not open the file as described above. Instead you need to import the CSV into your spreadsheet program.
- Open the notification email. There is a hyperlink in the email to open the report. Before you click the hyperlink make sure the LPG Report portal is open. The hyperlink will not work if LPG Report portal is not open.
- NOTE: If the report was not saved to the folder that you have access to, you will not be able to open the report form this link . this will occur if you have been added to a scheduled report as an email recipient but were not the creator of the schedule. In this case, talk to the person who created the schedule about adding the report output as the attachment.
- Click the link in the email.
The File Open window appears. Save and open the file as described in step 5 above.
- REMINDER: If your CSV format report has data with leading zeros (e.g. Account numbers) it is important to read the topic . Instead of opening it, you need to import the CSV into your spreadsheet program.