|Who:||Dependent on Role and permissions|
|Why:||Find and open a report in the portal. Export the report in a variety of formats as required.|
Before you begin
- NOTE: What you can see and do within the Report portal is dependent on your role, permissions and which Invoiced Entities and Workgroups you belong to.
- Open the Reports Portal and use the search features as required to find the desired report(s).
See topic Report Portal - Overview & Search for details.
- Click the report you wish to run.
Many reports require additional information before they display the information. In this case a Report Options pop-up window opens.
- To view report properties and your permissions on the report, see topic Reporting Portal - Permissions & Properties.
- Fill in the Report Options as required.
- Apply button – Click this button to display the report without closing the Report Options pop-up window. This is useful if you wish to continue manipulating the criteria and display the report again. E.g. You may wish to change the date range a few times to look at the report for different periods.
- Cancel button – closes the Report Options pop-up without displaying the report.
- Save Values button – Allows you to save the Report Options. (This option is only available if you have the necessary rights.)
- Reset button – reset the Report options to their default values.
- Click the OK button.
The Report Options window closes and the result list is filtered according to the criteria specified in the Report Options window.
- Click the Report Options icon to open the Report Options pop-up window again so you can further filter the report.
- If it is a multiple page report, use the page tools to view the various pages.
- Click a format button to export the report to view using an external software application.
- Export as PDF for viewing with Adobe Acrobat;- Export as Excel spreadsheet (.XLS format compatible with older versions of Excel);- Export as CSV file which can be opened in any spreadsheet application;
- Export as a Word document (.DOCX - version 7 or later);- Export as an RTF file which can be opened by most word processing applications;- Export as a Flash file to view in your web browser;- Export ODT format text file for use with OpenOffice and StarOffice;- Export to ODS format spreadsheet for use with Apache OpenOffice and StarOffice;- Export to current version Excel spreadsheet (.XLSX version 7 or later).
- IMPORTANT: If your CSV format report has data with leading zeros (e.g. Account numbers) it is important to read the topic Import CSV Format Reports into Microsoft Excel.
- To close the report, click the Exit icon .
The report closes and the display returns to the Report Portal main screen.
Tips & Troubleshooting