- Find and view the Order requiring the Credit Note.
See user guide Find/Modify/Export Order Details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the View Order screen and click the Credit Note button.
The Itemise Order - Credit Note screen appears with a list of blank Items. The Credit Note is created as a new Order.
N2 - In this example the Credit Note Order number is B3335766 and the Order on which the Credit Note is being claimed is B3280299.
- To view the original Order (to review the original item costs and quantities) do the following:
- Click View Original Order.
The Order opens in a separate window.
- Click the Items tab.
The list of items with costings and quantities is displayed.
N3 - In the example shown below, the Order was for 12 hours of labour but the work took only 10 hours. So a credit for 2 hours at $100/hour needs to be made.
N4 - It is possible to copy the Item number from this screen and paste it back into the Credit Note screen.
- Click the Close button.
The original Order window closes.
- The A line must be created for each item that needs to be credited back to the Customer.
- For each item that needs crediting do the following:
- Either type in the Item ID or click the search icon to find the item.
The Unit Rate is automatically filled in as a negative value.
- Enter the Order Qty (the number of this item that needs to be credited).
In this example, two hours need to be credited.
N5 - The Order Total (credit note total) is automatically updated. It shows a negative number. This is the total amount that will be credited back to the Customer.
- When all items requiring a credit have been added, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
The Transmit Order – Credit Note screen appears.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Transmit button.
The Transmit Order confirmation screen appears. The Credit Note is transmitted to the Supplier as a normal Order and will appear on their Orders Not Yet Accepted worklist. The Supplier processes the Credit Note the same way as an Order to accept the Credit Note.
- Click the Back to Worklist button.
- N6 - An entry is added to the History tab of the original Order indicating that a Credit Note has been raised against the Order.
The Supplier receives and must process the Credit Note the same as a normal Order. It arrives in their Orders Not Yet Accepted worklist. They must accept the Order, mark it as complete and submit a claim.
- NOTE: It is not possible to “part payment” a Credit Note. However it is possible to create more than one Credit Note on an Order. So instead of splitting a Credit Note into two payments (part payment), you need to create two Credit Notes on the Order.