||The Invoice needs to be verified and either accepted or rejected. The Invoice can also be escalated to a manager for action or put on hold.
||Notification received that a Supplier has submitted an Invoice for approval and payment.
|Find/Print an Invoice (View Only)
||Reset an Invoice
|Approve a high Value Invoice
||Close an Invoice
After the Supplier’s claim for payment has been approved, they will submit a corresponding Invoice. The following procedure describes how take the following actions on an Invoice.
- Send Invoice to manager for approval;
- Approve an Invoice;
- Reject an Invoice;
- Place an Invoice on hold.
See the Related Topics section for additional actions that can be applied to the Invoice.
- On the ConSol menu, select Worklist > All.
The My Worklist Summary appears.
- Scroll down to the Invoices section and click Invoices Submitted By Supplier for Approval.
NOTE: If there are no invoices for approval (Count is 0), you cannot click on the link.
The list of Invoices requiring approval appears.
- Click the Action (or Acquire) button next to the Invoice you wish to review.
- NOTE: If the Order is part of a Project View, the invoice can also be accessed via the Invoices tab (N1) in the Project View screen. The status of the Invoice (N2) indicates which Invoices are ready to be approved.
- The My Work function can also be used to do detailed searches for Invoices. See user guide My Work Overview & Search).
If the Invoice total exceeds the amount you are authorised to approve:
- N3 - The Review Invoice: Requires Manager Approval screen appears with a message indicating your approval limit.
- N4 - Instead of an Approve button, the Send to approval workgroup button is visible.
- N5 - The Approval workgroup drop down list is displayed.
If the Invoice total is within your authorised amount to approve:
- N6 - the Review Invoice screen appears.
- N7 - the Approve button is available.
- Check the details of the invoice on the Invoice and Items tabs.
- To check for an attached file (e.g. exported Invoice from the Supplier’s financial software) do the following:
- Click the History tab.
The list of actions applied to this order/invoice are displayed.
- If there is an attached file, click the File icon to open and save a copy of the file.
At this point there may be several options to continue processing the Invoice.
Send Invoice to Manager for Approval
If the invoice exceeds your approval limit and needs approval by a manager do the following:
- If necessary, select the Approval Workgroup from the drop down list.
- Click the Send to approval workgroup button.
The invoice is sent to the selected workgroup for approval. The display returns to the screen from which the invoice was opened (e.g. My Worklist – Invoices Submitted by Supplier for Approval screen). See user guide Approve a High Value Invoice for manager’s steps to approve the Invoice.
- N1 - Even if you have authority to approve the Invoice you may choose to escalate the Invoice to a manager for review/comment before finalising the approval.
Approve the Invoice
Assuming the invoice is within your approval limit, do the following to approve the Invoice:
- If further processing is required through an external financial system prior to closing the Invoice, click the Approve button.
- NOTE: Clicking the Approve button does not close the Invoice or associated Order. The status changes to “Invoice approved for payment” (N1).
- After performing any necessary steps to process the invoice external to ConSol, you must explicitly close the Invoice. See user guide Close an Invoice for details.
If no further processing is required through an external financial system which is linked into ConSol, your company may have the Approve - Pay & Close
option turned on. Selecting this option will close the Invoice and the associated Order.
- The Approve - Pay & Close option will only be visible if it has been enabled on the Supplier’s Contract associated with this Order and Invoice.
- To approve the Invoice for payment do the following:
- Click the Approve – Pay & Close button.
A confirmation window appears.
- Click the OK button.
The View and Pay Approved Invoices screen appears.
- Enter the Payment Ref and make sure the tick box is selected.
- Click the Pay Selected Invoices button.
The Invoice is approved for payment and marked as Closed . The payment can now be processed. The display returns to the screen from which the invoice was opened (e.g. My Worklist – Invoices Submitted by Supplier for Approval screen).
Reject the Invoice
If the Invoice is unacceptable and needs to be referred back to the Supplier, do the following:
- Enter a reason for the rejection in the Approve / Reject / Hold Comment field.
- Click the Reject button.
The display returns to the Worklist (or Project View).
The status changes to “Invoice Rejected By Customer” (N1).
The Supplier receives an email and, if ConSol messaging is turned on, a notification that the Invoice is rejected. The Invoice is now with the Supplier for them to take action.
Place the Invoice on Hold
If processing of the Invoice needs to be delayed, do the following:
- Enter a reason for placing the Invoice on hold in the Approve / Reject / Hold Comment field.
- Click the Hold button.
The display returns to the Worklist (or Project View).
N1 - The Invoice status changes to “Invoice Held By Customer”.
The Supplier receives an email and, if ConSol messaging is turned on, a notification that the Invoice is on hold. Once the reason for the hold is cleared the Customer can further action the Invoice (e.g. approve or reject it).
Tips & Troubleshooting
- The Find Invoices function (N1) allows a detailed search for Invoices using several criteria. However this only allows the Invoice to viewed and printed (N2).
- N3 - If automatic invoice approval has been turned on for your company, the View and Pay Approved Invoices option can be used to bulk approve invoices.