||By creating the quote from within the Project View the new Order is automatically associated with the Project View when the winning quote is chosen.
||Suppliers are required to quote on an Order that will be part of an existing Project View.
Before you begin
- There are two ways to create a Master Quote. The following procedure describes how to create a Master Quote which is part of a Project View. If the Order is “stand alone” (not part of a Project View) see user guide Create a Master Quote from Basic Order.
|Create a Master Quote (from Basic Order)
||Select Suppliers for Quote
|Send Request for Quote to Suppliers
||Manage Supplier Quotes
|Change Quote Close Date & Time
||Cancel Request for Supplier Quotes
- Find and open the required Project View.
See user guide Find Project View.
The Project View appears.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Project View screen and click the New Quote button.
The New Master Quote screen appears.
N1 -The Project View information is included into the Master Quote.
- Select the required Order Work Type from the drop down list.
The Service Period Start and Service Period End dates are inherited from the Project View
- If necessary, change the dates.
The new dates must be within the range of the Project View Service Period Start and Service Period End dates.
- Select the name of the person who requested the quote.
N2 -The Location information is inherited from the Project View. It can be edited if required.
N3 - The Workflow information is inherited from the Project View. It can be edited if required. It will determine the list of Items available for selection during the Itemise Quote stage.
- Fill in any additional information as required such as Special Instructions.
- Click the Continue button.
The Itemise Master Quote screen appears.
N4 - The Master Quote No is prefixed with the letter “M”. A new Order is also created and associated with the Project View. The Order No is prefixed with the letter “B”.
- If the items and quantities required for the work are known, use the Items tab to create an Items as you would when itemising an Order.
See user guide Itemise an Order for more details.
Unit Rates should be entered for each item to provide an indicative value as a benchmark against which Supplier quotes can be compared. After filling in each line, the Quote Total ($) is automatically calculated (N5).
- NOTE: The Unit Rate, Estimated Cost of each item and Quote Total are not visible to the Suppliers. These are displayed only to the Customer on the Master Quote as reference for comparison with the quotes submitted by the Suppliers. When the Supplier views the Quote request they can see the Quantity specified for each item.
To create the Quote without Itemising:
In some instances you may wish to create the Master Quote without a detailed list of items. For example, you may wish to specify what work needs to be undertaken and allow each Supplier to itemise their individual quotes.
- If this is the case, do the following instead of step 8 above:
- Add a single placeholder item to the Item list.
- Enter the estimated total quote price in the Quote Estimate ($) field.
- Use the Attach tab to upload a document specifying the required work.
See Attach a Document to an Order or Project View for details.
- NOTE: The Supplier can use the attached document to determine what items and costings to add to the Quote when they respond to the request.
After performing either step 8 or step 9 above, continue the procedure as follows:
- Enter the Close Date and Close Time (in 24 hour format) by which the Quote must be submitted.
- Click the Continue button.
The Master Quote screen appears.
N6 - The Master Quote is identified by a 7 digit number with the “M” prefix.
N7 - At any time during the quote process the Customer or Suppliers can make additional attachments of text notes or files to the quote. See user guide Attach a Document to an Order or Project View for details.
N8 - Click the Re-Itemise button to return to the Itemise Order screen and revise the list of items and/or quantities or the Quote Estimate.
N9 - Click Change Close Date if the quoting close date needs to be revised.
N10 - Clicking Cancel Master Quote will cancel the whole quoting process. Any quotes already submitted will be discarded. See user guide Manage Supplier Quotes for details on actioning individual quotes.
N11 - The status of the Master Quote is displayed at the top of the screen. At this point it has been created but there are two more steps to initiate the quoting process:
- Select the Suppliers who will be requested to quote.
See user guide Select Suppliers for Quote .
- Send the requests to the selected Suppliers.
See user guide Send Request for Quote to Suppliers.
- NOTE: If the Master Quote is re-Itemised or the dates are changed after sending requests to quote to the Suppliers, the amended requests must be resent and Suppliers have to resubmit their quotes.
Tips & Troubleshooting
- To return to action the Master Quote at a later time, it will be found in the Quotes section of the Worklist. Which list it is in depends on the status of the Quote. If it has not been sent to Suppliers, it is accessible by clicking Master Quotes Not Yet Sent.