||The Invoice cannot be approved for payment until the necessary manager approval is received.
||A User with the Accounts role has received an Invoice from a Supplier with a total value which exceeds their authority to approve. This automatically triggers sending the Invoice to the next level for approval.
Before you begin
- The User must be set up by Sys Admin with the role Approval Manager for the required Accounts workgroup(s) and the threshold set (the amount which triggers the escalation to manager for approval).
|Place an Invoice on Hold
||Action a High Value Order or Claim
|Approve an Invoice
||Manually Escalate an Order to Manager
|Action a Manually Escalated Order
This procedure occurs if the value of the Invoice exceeds the amount the Accounts personnel are authorised to approve. NOTE: If the Claim (prior to Invoice) exceeded the amount Verification personnel can authorise, the Claim will also escalate to the Approval Manager.
- If ConSol is configured for emails, the manager may receive an email notification that the Invoice needs approving. If the sys admin has enabled users to manage their own notifications, you may be able to switch email notifications on and off. See topic Set Personal Messaging Preferences.
The Approval Manager performs the following procedure:
- On the ConSol menu select Worklist > All.
The My Worklist Summary appears.
- NOTE: Other methods to find the required Invoice include using the Search Invoices functions and the My Work function. See topic My Work Overview & Search.
- Scroll down to the Invoices section and click Invoices Requiring Manager Approval.
NOTE: If there are no Invoices requiring approval (Count is 0), you cannot click on the link.
The list of Invoices requiring Manager Approval appears.
- NOTE: This list also shows Invoices that have been manually escalated. These are not high value Invoices that need approval but have been manually escalated to the manager for other reasons (for example for informational purposes or requiring manager approval for reasons other than high value). See topic Action a Manually Escalated Order for more information.
- Click the Action button next to the Invoice that needs to be approved.
The Review Invoice screen appears with the Items tab selected.
- As required, check Items and Invoice total (Items tab), the Invoice details (Details tab) and what actions have been performed on the Invoice (History tab).
- If there are attachments related to the Invoice, check to see what they are and if they need to be examined before giving approval.
- If necessary, use the Attach tab to write text notes or attach files to the Invoice.
See topic Attach Document to an Order or Project View for details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Approve High Value Invoice screen and, if required, enter a comment.
- This comment will appear in the History tab of the Order. The comment is only mandatory if rejecting the Invoice but it is recommended to give the reason for the action.
- After checking the Invoice, click one of the action buttons:
- Approve the Invoice – returns to Accounts for actioning to process payment;
- Reject the Invoice – returns to Accounts for return to the Supplier for actioning;
- Place the invoice on hold– Invoice is held and does not proceed to payment.
See Related Topics for information on these procedures.