|Why:||If LPG has been configured to allow personal setting of messaging preferences by users, you can specify which events trigger an email notification.|
|Before you begin:||You can only configure your personal messaging/email notifications if a person in your company with the LPG Sys Admin role has enable User Messaging Preferences in the general LPG configuration.
See the Tips & Troubleshooting section at the end of this user guide for important notes on notifications that are not controlled by your personal messaging/email notification configuration .
- On the LPG menu select Users > My Contact Details.
The My Contract Details screen appears with the Details tab selected.
- Click the Messaging Preference tab.
The message options are displayed.N3 - If you are the Primary Contact for your company and the LPG Sys Admin has switched on Email Reminders to the Primary Contact (N1), you will receive certain email notifications regardless of the personal settings you make. The LPG Sys Admin specifies who the Primary Contact is for the company.N4 - If you are a Workgroup (Resource) Supervisor and the LPG Sys Admin has switched on Email Reminders for Supervisors (N2), you will receive Supervisor-related email notifications regardless of the personal settings you make. The LPG Sys Admin specifies in your User Profile if you are a Supervisor.N5 - If your company’s LPG Sys Admin has enabled Users to set their own preferences, you have the ability to set the email notification preferences listed in the User Preference(s) section.
- NOTE: See section Tips & Troubleshooting at the end of this user guide for details of various types of notification over which most LPG users have no control.
- Tick or untick the checkboxes to set your email notification preferences for each “trigger” event.
- After setting your preferences, click the Save button.
N6 - A confirmation message appears above the User Preference(s) section of the screen.
Tips & Troubleshooting
- Certain notifications (such as SLA breaches) are configured by the Panel Administrator on each Contract. End users cannot switch these notifications on and off.
- Certain email notifications are generated by the LPG system. End users cannot switch these notifications on and off.
- If your email address is nominated for notification when a scheduled report is produced, you will receive the notification email even if you have been deactivated as an LPG user.
N7 - To stop these notification emails, your email address needs to be removed in the Scheduled Report settings. This can be done by any User who has the necessary access rights to the specific report(s).
- If your company’s LPG Sys Admin has nominated you as a Contact person for the company, you will receive certain related email notifications. End users cannot switch these notifications on and off.