Manually add a Milestone or Milestone Group to an Order or Matter
Before you begin
- The System Administrator must create the generic Milestone Types and Milestone Groups. Then instances of these can be added to Orders and Matter by Customer Operations personnel.
- If LPG is configured for “automatic instantiation” of Milestones, the following happens:
a. When an Order is transmitted to the Provider, any relevant Order Milestones and/or Milestone Groups are automatically added and the target dates are calculated based on the strategy specified for each Milestone Type.
b. When a Matter is created, any relevant Matter Milestones and/or Milestone Groups are automatically added to the Matter and the target dates are calculated based on the strategy specified for each Milestone Type.
1. Find and open the Order (or Matter) to which you wish to add Milestones. NOTE: The Order/Matter can also be accessed via the Milestone Worklist. See topic Milestones - Worklist for details.
The View Order (or Matter) screen appears.
2. Click the Timeline
The Timeline for that Order (also known as Gantt View) is displayed. See topic Milestones – Order / Matter Timelines for more information.
3. Click the Milestones
The Milestones panel appears.
N1 - The list of existing Order Milestones (if any) is displayed. (Or, if the Matter is being managed, the list of existing Matter Milestones is displayed.)
4. To add Milestones, do the following:
a. Click the arrow next to the Add New Milestones
The Add New Milestones panel is displayed with available individual Milestones (N1) on the left and available milestone Groups listed on the right (N2).
5. Tick the box next to each Milestone that you wish to add to the Order (or Matter).
6. Click the Add
The selected Milestones are added to the list of Milestones associated with this Order.
A – Because they are “stand alone” Milestones, “N/A’ is displayed in the Group column.
B – The Baseline Date, Forecast Date and Warning Date are calculated based on the strategy for each generic Milestone Type. The Forecast Date and Warning Date can be changed.
C – The Provider View and Provider Edit options are inherited from the generic Milestone Type and cannot be changed.
See topic Milestones - Manage Milestones for rules governing the editing of dates and statuses.
7. To add a Milestone group to the list of Milestones associated with this Order (or Matter), click the Add button next to the required Milestone Group in the Milestone Groups panel.
All the Milestones in the selected Group are added to the list of Milestones associated with the Order (Matter). In the example shown below, the added Milestone group includes an Anchor Milestone (N1) and 2 dependent (chained) Milestones (N2). The dates of the chained Milestones are dependent on the previous Milestone.
There are three dates(N3) associated to each Milestone:
Baseline Date – The system-generated, initial Forecast date of the milestone at instantiation. This date is not editable.
Forecast Date – The current date that the Milestone is to be achieved by. This can be edited.
Warning Date – The date prior to the Forecast date when notification is sent to the user advising that the Milestone target date is approaching.
Any change to a Milestone Forecast Date will have a cascading effect on any dependent (chained) milestones and their dates will be automatically adjusted. Changes to a Warning Date do not affect other dates. See topic Milestones - Manage Milestones for more information on managing status and dates.
Note: If the strategy for the first chained milestone results in a Baseline Date prior to the current date, the Baseline Date is recalculated from the current date.
8. To delete a Milestone Group from the Order (or Matter), click the Delete button next to the Milestone Group in the Milestone Groups panel.
All the Milestones that make up that Milestone Group are removed from the list of Milestones associated with the Order (or Matter).
9. To hide the Add New Milestone panel, click the arrow next to the Add New Milestones heading.
10. From the Milestone tab, Click the Search Milestone Types heading
The Search Milestone panel drops down.
11. Enter the required search criteria.
Display Name – search for Milestones by any part of their Display Name
Exclude Completed Milestones – tick this box if you only want to see Milestone that require action.
Provider View – limit the displayed Milestones to those that can be viewed by the Provider.
Provider Edit – limit the displayed Milestones to those that can be edited by the Provider.
12. Click the Search
The list of Milestones is filtered so only those matching the search criteria are displayed. In this example, the search returned all Milestones.