Commercial Contract Manager
A broadcast can be used to highlight important and useful information to Legal Service Providers via LPG. Broadcasts can be made to all Providers or filters can be set to limit which Providers receive the Broadcast. The Broadcast consists of a message and optionally an attached file.
Before you begin
- The procedure to create a Broadcast for Providers is very similar to creating an Internal Broadcast with some minor variations. See topic Create an Internal Broadcast.
- See topic Manage Existing Broadcast for information on:
- changing the Broadcast expiry date;
- deactivating the Broadcast;
- viewing which Providers/internal personnel have read the Broadcast.
- See topic View Broadcast Messages for information on how the Provider/Internal users view the Broadcast.
1. On the LPG menu select Contracts > Provider Broadcast.
The List Provider Broadcast screen appears.
2. Click Create a New Broadcast.
The Create Provider Broadcast screen appears.
3. Give the broadcast a Title and select the Expiry Date.
The broadcast is removed from the Provider’s LPG Notice board after the expiry date passes.
4. Enter the text of the broadcast Message.
5. Use the tools to format the message, insert tables, insert text copied from MS Word etc.
6. Scroll down the Create Provider Broadcast screen and, if required, click the Choose File button to locate and attach a file to the broadcast.
a. Do not deselect the Active box unless you want to delay visibility of the broadcast. If the broadcast is not active it will not be displayed to the Providers. By default the broadcast will go to all Providers.
7. To limit the broadcast to particular Providers with contracts related to a specific Panel Type and/or Area of Law, do the following:
a. Click one of the selection buttons (Panel Type, Area of Law or Panel Type and Area of Law).
b. Select the Panel Type or Area of Law from the drop down list (or use the find icon to select a Panel Type/Area of Law combination).
8. Use any of the other filters as required to limit which Providers will receive the broadcast.
9. Click the Create
The Preview Broadcast screen is displayed.
A – The details of the Broadcast are displayed and the name of the attached file (if any).
B – The list of Providers who will receive this broadcast.
10. To send the Broadcast to the selected Providers, click the Accept
The display returns to the List Provider Broadcast screen. The newly created broadcast is added to the top of the list.
Each LPG User from the selected Provider companies will see the broadcast in the Notices section of the Welcome screen.
Tips & Troubleshooting
- The Contract Manager is able to view which Providers have read the broadcast.